Preparing for Your Stay at Sycamore Springs
When you first arrive we get to know your situation, your health issues and your personal goals. The process begins with a confidential assessment to determine what level of care is needed.
Watch the short video below to get answers to common questions and learn what to expect from inpatient treatment programs at Sycamore Springs.
What to Bring
There are certain things that patients may bring upon entering treatment, as listed below.
- All of the medications you are currently taking, including OTC meds and inhalers
- Five sets of clothing/underwear/socks (no strings or ties). Washers and dryers are available on the units for washing clothes
- Eye-care items (contact lenses/cleaning solution/case/eyeglasses) and toiletries
- Toiletries that do not include alcohol or aerosals
We provide personal hygiene items such as toothpaste, toothbrushes, deodorant, shampoo and soap.
The following items are also allowed, but they’ll be held in a personal belongings locker and issued during times of supervision:
- Electric razors
- Musical instruments
- Curling irons, hair dryers, straighteners, and other electric items (as approved)
What Not to Bring
For your safety and the safety of others, certain items are not allowed. These will be discussed during the assessment process.
The patient dress code is casual and we want you to be comfortable. However, revealing attire is not allowed — no halter tops, tube tops, fishnet shirts, or short-shorts. And clothing may not contain offensive or controversial messages.